Skateboarding is a very popular activity nowadays and I’m pretty sure that you have met it on the street or even tried it out a couple times. So you won’t be unfamiliar with it. So if you think that people only skate back and forth with the board, you’re confused, because they can have much more creativity with tricks. There are many types of tricks, one of the coolest tricks is the Shuvit. Sure if you rarely practise your skating, it will be difficult at first but with more hardworking, you’ll soon reach victory.
There are plenty of available skateboarding tricks but you may be impressed by this skillful and catchy Shuvit trick. This trick happens very quickly and will blur the eyes of watchers. So if you are looking for a really cool trick to perform and make people admire you immediately, this trick may be the help.
To do this trick the first time. Begginers will be confused about the techniques. Sometimes their actions become weird and they might feel like giving up for the feeling of shyness. But they shouldn’t be. Failure is the great base for their enhancement in their skills. To professionals, this is a little easier, they won’t make any basic mistakes. However, with practice, anyone can do a great shuvit.
What is Shuvit?
This trick is a kind of your pop up in the air and flip your board 180 degree from top to toe. It happens very quickly and light that your may not see the trick clearly the first time. This is considered as a basic trick, because it only makes the board flip 180 degree and the more advanced version of it is the 360 degree flip. So don’t be too pressured that you can not fulfill this trick. You will!
Doing the Shuvit
Well, to start the trick, first thing you need is a proper standing position. Try not to pent your weight in one spot on the board or landing focusing on one point on the board because it will bring out quite a lot consequences. It is quite a bit hard mission, but it can decide the success of your Shuvit. And remember to give yourself time to success. No one is perfect at the first time.
To have more interest in learning this trick without worrying about its challenges, think about after your hardworking day and how wonderful it can be!
1. First of all, to do this trick, your board must be on the move. Make sure the move is smooth and comfortable as much as possible.
2. This trick’s position is quite similar to the Ollie. Many tricks have the position like the Ollie, and this is not the exception. Some difference here is that your feet stay near the edges so that your flip is slightly easier.
3. Some notes to your standing is that your knees are a little lower to keep the balance. Also, you should find your own proper style of position for yourself so that you get the best stance to work out the flip.
4. Lead the move of your board and don’t lose control.
5. Make a trial flip by using light force and jump slightly and push the side of the board slightly in order to avoid wrong doings for you are not very skillful enough.
6. Use your front foot to hold the board still before you set your feet on the board.
7. Last but not least, you will know whether you did the trick very well or it sucks by the result of your landing. If you can safely and comfortably land on the board and slide away with joy, it means you have been through the trick successfully.
Some people who love this trick and even a high profession in this trick can even test themselves by doing the Shuvit backwards. You can choose to go on this way or not depending on your interest. But if you do, it’s simple. You just need to turn to the opposite direction and proceed the trick as instruction. Practice will make you successful like you did with the normal Shuvit.
Some Tips in Doing the Shuvit
As anyone would advise, I would say that practice is always the best way to succeed. There is no instant success with long-term effect. So if you want to be very good at this and not be regretful, so keep practising until you master it. Still, here are some small tips you can refer to proceed your Shuvit in a better way.
1. Place your body at the middle of the board to avoid weight imbalance. Don’t lose your body weight for it is required for the trick.
2. Shuvit is a quite basic trick, so you may need this trick for many other tricks. The experience learnt from this trick is useful for other tricks as well.
3. Fear is a very big barrier. In this trick, there is also no exception. You may be afraid of falling, failing, hurting yourself or ruining your board. But you must get over yourself and make yourself active. Even when you failed a few times, you need persistence to keep standing up and redo it over and over again. Then you’ll gain so much more than a trick but a time to remember and experience to know.
4. After you are professional with the Shuvit, there’s a common situation that you are bored of the trick. As mentioned before, Shuvit can be the base of many other tricks, you can use it to ease your doing many other tricks.
5. Last but not least, don’t do the training alone. Find a friend or a group of friends and make your Shuvit training interesting.
There is a few note that the Shuvit and the pop Shuvit are different. During the pop Shuvit, your board is pushed a little in front of you and the ordinary Shuvit is not. Be aware and discriminate them carefully to do the tricks more perfectly.