Do you have extremely deep passion with skateboarding but still resist yourself to acquire downhill longboarding, just because the fear of going off-track and falling down. Or, you are confused about choosing the best downhill longboards that bring the most intriguing tricks? No worry. I’m here to help you note down some tips and tricks to get home your best, your greatest, your best downhill longboards that you’ve never imagined. Besides, I would like to give you some suggestions which I think will meet your need.
First, to those who is not clearly understand, downhill riding is typically a style where you try to maximize your speed down the hill, not really looking for those style points like you’re free-riding, just keep the balance and make it possible to get around the corners without being blown away from the ground. Therefore, this style of longboarding requires a lot of techniques, not only one technique only, you have to buy yourself the most powerful monster – The best downhill longboards.
How does an ideal downhill longboard look like?
1. Choosing your Downhill Deck
The first main feature if you want the best downhill longboards is a stiff board. You always want to be stiff because it will give you more stability and keep you safe at speed. The ideal length for downhill deck is from 38 – 44”. The second main feature is wheelbase, the 25 – 30” wheelbase will give you a lot of control and responsiveness. I would recommend you 3 best choices of downhill deck
- Drop-through (especially for beginners): Provided you have never tried on a downhill board, you will easily get the hang of it due to the stability drop-though deck offers.It is designed to lock your feet to the board, you know where your foot is, you know where you want to be. Great directional board!
- Drop Deck: with a lowered foot platform that sits below the height of the trucks, there is lower center of gravity, which provides stable, easy-to-push and drifty ride.
- Top mount: Advantages to this design include increased grip and ease of turning; disadvantages include a high center of gravity, which could contribute to a lack of stability.
2. Choosing your Downhill Trucks
- The width of the truck should be as close to the width of the deck as possible to ensure proper performance. You should look for a 10″ or 180mm truck.
- The one and only truck I would recommend for downhill board is Reverse Kingpin Truck which tends to hold traction better and is easier to handle at speed.
- The angle and width of trucks also come into play with most falling in the 35°-52° range. A 45° truck is the center point, providing an equal ratio of lean to turn while also providing the most overall turn.
3. Choosing your Downhill Wheels
- The ideal downhill wheels are composed by many factors.
- Lip: Following a sharp-lipped is a good idea because it gives you more grip without effort to slide.
- Diameter: wheels in the 70-75mm diameter range will go perfectly as downhill rider.
- Durometer: Soft wheels are highly favored since it makes easier to grip. 80A is a greater durometer above all the others due to the nice balance of high grip it provides.
- Core placement: Centerset wheels may be favored by downhill riders who do a significant amount of sliding.
Above are 3 main features that you have to take into consideration with the hope to take home your best downhill longboards. Besides, I would like add in just one more note when purchasing your riders:
Choose the board that fit your style. Color, image, form or any other details. If you’re satisfied with those, you enjoy every moves.
Now, let me introduce to you 5 suggestions of the best downhill longboards from my opinion and just believe me, these monsters are not going to let you down.
Those are all 4-5 stars rated masterpiecesthat I have taken into consideration, they are the very best downhill longboards that I have ever seen. I also have full reviews of them on my website here, and you will never regret purchasing them.Some unique details to present to you:
- The length of 36-42” would completely meet your expectation. RVP, Gullwing Sindwinder Trucks are born to pair with downhill boards. We will also bring you the highest quality Sector 9 Wheels which puts everything into perspective.
- We present our symmetrical drop-through offering with gas pedals for high speed stability and buttery smooth slides. In addition, you can drop it low and feel the flow with our extraordinary Drop – Deck.
- We also provide easy-open wrap and free shipping for all the customers. What a great deal!
- Hot news: All of 5 these extraordinary boards are On Sale now. So why you still hesitate to purchase amazing longboards with an amazing price?
After you have got yourself the best downhill longboards, I would recommend you to follow:
8 Exclusive Longboard Tips
- Work on your flaws
- Ease into it
- Use notes
- Skate efficiently
- Never go skate without water
- Be patient
- Be respectful
- Have tons of fun!
In general, I hope this article would significantly help you be precise about what features do the best Downhill Longboards include, and now, I guess you do have full ability to pick yourself the best one. And if you’re interested in any of the suggestions I put forward as above, you can easily find a full review on my website here, read them carefully before purchasing and choose the best downhill longboards that fit your needs. Go pick one now, and you will enjoy every single moves. Are you ready to make your money worthy?